At Snowberry Lane Clinic we have over a decade of experience in helping our clients look and feel their best. Some of our most popular treatments include procedures that help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. However, there are some top tips we’d like to share to help you keep your skin in great condition, some are easier than others and some we’re sure you know already but just in case:
- Avoid Frowning where possible, this sounds silly we know, and could go hand in hand with avoid all facial expressions including smiling and laughing (to reduce laughter lines) but we just like the idea of reducing the negative – frown less, smile as much as you like – smiling is brilliant!
- Try not to sleep on your stomach or side profile where possible, again easier said than done, but when you are able, and if it’s comfortable for you, try and sleep on your back.
- Avoid rubbing the eye area vigorously, the most common time this would happen is when removing make-up with cotton pads or a face wipe. Instead try a gentle face wash with a very soft facial cloth and work the make-up off slowly and gently – gently is key.
- Avoid excessive sugar consumption – sugar causes dramatic spikes in the body’s insulin levels, which in turn leads to the breakdown of elastin and collagen. Interestingly, reduction in sugar consumption also helps to reset your palette, so over time your sweet tooth won’t be so sweet and your sugar cravings will fade.
- Reduce sun exposure, perhaps the most obvious one, we all know by now that excessive sun exposer damages the skin, so we recommend wearing a moisturiser with SPF 30+ every day and SPF factor 50 during summer and in hotter climates.
- Stop smoking – this is important, not only for your skin, but your general health.
- Avoid chronic stress – this one can be difficult, obviously we all try and avoid stressful circumstances where possible, sometimes stress finds us and there’s nothing we can do about it. But when under stress, work on managing it as best you can, things like meditative breathing and mindfulness are great techniques for staying peacful.
- Get Sufficient sleep, again this isn’t always something we can choose to do, but getting into a regular pattern of going to bed and waking-up at them same time each day can help.
- Don’t use drinking straws – this is probably the easiest of all, avoid straws, not only do they create lines around the mouth over time but more often than not they are made of plastic, and reducing our use of plastic is good for the environment too – win win!
Clearly, even doing all of these things without fail every day, would not prevent wrinkles from forming completely, however they are useful little tricks to help your skin look its best for as long as possible and some of them have additional benefits too!
Primary source: American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine